The Fellowship programme for people of African descent is an intensive human rights training for people of African descent, from the diaspora, who are engaged in promoting the rights of people of African descent.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
It takes place once a year at the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights in Geneva.
Benefits of the Fellowship programme for people of African descent
- Learn about and deepen their understanding of the international human rights law and the UN human rights system, the international framework to combat racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia, and related intolerance, and intersecting issues with a focus on people of African descent;
- Strengthen skills in developing project proposals, delivering presentations and submitting information to human rights mechanisms;
- Gain first-hand exposure to human rights mechanisms;
- Meet with a wide-range of actors.
The Fellowship Programme was initiated by the Anti-Racial Discrimination Section in 2011. It was further supported by General Assembly resolution on the Programme of activities for the implementation of the International Decade for People of African Descent (A/RES/69/16). The High Commissioner is the coordinator of the Decade.
Purpose of the Fellowship programme for people of African descent
The aim is to strengthen participants’ skills to contribute to promoting and protecting civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights of people of African descent in their respective countries. The participants are equipped with the tools necessary to enhance the development of legislation, policies and programmes, strengthen civil society’s collaboration with governments; and undertake local awareness-raising activities.
Voices of the Decade features 11 stories of fellows of African descent, providing a snapshot of the important and inspiring work achieved to promote the human rights of people of African descent throughout the world. Voices of the Decade is a call, and a source of inspiration, for everyone to work together towards recognition, justice, and development for people of African descent.
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
Application Requirement for Fellowship programme for people of African descent
- The candidate must be an individual of African descent living in the Diaspora.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to the rights of People of African Descent.
- The program is bilingual in English and French. The candidate needs to have sufficient command of one of the two languages to be able to participate fully in the program.
- The candidate has to submit a letter from an organization working on issues related to People of African Descent or minority rights certifying their status.
- The candidate must be available to attend the full duration of the programme. The selected fellows will be expected to participate in different activities and to strictly follow the programme.
- Since 2011, 141 former fellows from 43 countries have participated in the Fellowship programme including from Argentina, Australia, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Denmark, Ecuador, France, Germany, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Iraq, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, Moldova, Netherlands, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Dates of the fellowship
In 2023, the Fellowship will be held from 13 November to 1 December 2023 in Geneva, Switzerland.
In addition, fellows are expected to dedicate a few hours to pre-online courses and preparatory assignments in the preceding two weeks.
How to Apply to Fellowship programme for people of African descent
THE CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR 2023 IS NOW OPEN!
Applications can be submitted in English, French and Spanish.
Click the link below to apply:
Kindly share this opportunity with Africans and others. Thank you.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.