In line with its mission of empowering businesses and young innovators across Africa, HabariPay’s Squad has announced the launch of its first-ever hackathon, “Take on Squad Hackathon 1.0.”
The social coding event is scheduled to hold on January 19th and 20th 2023, at the state-of-the-art GTCO Training Complex, Tayo’s Plaza, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Take on Squad Hackathon 1.0 is targeted at young innovators in universities and other tertiary institutions in Nigeria and challenges competing teams to create innovative solutions to problems within their immediate community as well as the wider society.
The top 3 teams will have the unique opportunity to join the Squad Hackademy, where they will receive mentorship and access internships and job opportunities facilitated by Squad
- Intense coding sessions on
- Product demos
- Panel discussions and
- The announcement of winners on day two.
To be considered for Squad Hackademy, you must complete the following steps:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
- Review the challenge description and formulate ideas
- Once you register for the hackathon, explore practical applications within the provided categories and take proactive steps.
- Read the terms and conditions before you apply
- Familiarize yourself with any eligibility criteria specified in the terms and conditions including the code of conduct and the required skills and qualifications.
- Explore our APIs for inspiration
- Gain access to our robust set of tools and capabilities that can be seamlessly integrated into your proposed applications.
- The team with the most innovative idea will be awarded N2.5 million,
- The first runner-up will get N1.5 million,
- While the third-placed team gets N1 million.
- Additionally, the top 3 teams will have the unique opportunity to join the Squad Hackademy, where they will receive mentorship and access internships and job opportunities facilitated by Squad.
Commenting on the inaugural Take on Squad Hackathon, Eduofon Japhet, Managing Director of HabariPay Ltd, said: “We strongly believe in the power of young minds to drive positive change in the society.
This is reflected in our approach to providing simple, innovative solutions to everyday problems faced by small and mid-sized businesses across Africa with Squad.
The Take on Squad Hackathon is the first of many initiatives to offer young, enterprising students a platform to engage meaningfully with technology and showcase their creativity and problem-solving abilities.”
How to Apply
Registration is still ongoing for the Take on Squad Hackathon 1.0. Interested teams (of not more than 4 members per team) are welcome apply.