Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) Writing Fellowships 2024 for emerging African creative writers (Funded)
From the beginning of February to the end of May every year, the Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study hosts a group of exceptional creative writers and scholars from different disciplines as Writing Fellows. Each Writing Fellow focuses on her/his individual project while benefiting from interacting with other Writing Fellows and from the community of scholars and writers from the universities in Johannesburg and Gauteng in general.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
The Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) invites applications for its Ninth Writing Semester, which will run from 1 February to 31 May 2024.
- Fellowships are open to any field of expertise, including novelists writing in indigenous languages.
- Previous fellows have included academics, novelists, scientists, poets, playwrights, independent researchers and journalists.
- Fellowships are open to any field of expertise, including novelists writing in indigenous languages. Previous fellows included academics, novelists, scientists, poets, playwrights, independent researchers and journalists. Please note that if successful, JIAS urges that you keep your scholarly commitments outside of JIAS to a minimum.
JIAS Writing Fellows enjoy a quiet space for work, reflection and academic community-building amidst the Melville Loppies of Johannesburg.
Duration and Benefits
Each Writing Fellow will receive:
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
- Accommodation in JIAS private residential suites at JIAS;
- Daily breakfast and lunch;
- Access to the facilities of the nearby University of Johannesburg, AND
- A monthly stipend which will be taxable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 26th September, 2023
Kindly share this opportunity with Writers & Poets and others. Thank you.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.