Loblaw Agency is hiring Remote Copywriters
Loblaw Agency is our newly minted, in-house creative agency within our Marketing team and we are hiring many new exciting roles! At Loblaw Agency, we expertly translate our customers’ needs into real, engaging work that speaks to Canadians and drives brand love. Join our growing team and come dream up original creative for some of Canada’s most loved and trusted brands!
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Loblaw is Canada’s food and pharmacy leader, and the nation’s largest retailer. Loblaw provides Canadians with grocery, pharmacy, health and beauty, apparel, general merchandise, financial services and wireless mobile products and services.
With more than 2,400 corporate, franchised and Associate-owned locations, Loblaw, its franchisees and Associate-owners employ approximately 200,000 employees, making it one of Canada’s largest private sector employers.
Loblaw is positioned to meet and exceed those needs in many ways: convenient locations; more than 1,050 grocery stores that span the value spectrum from discount to specialty; full-service pharmacies at nearly 1,400 Shoppers Drug Mart® and Pharmaprix® locations and close to 500 Loblaw locations; PC Financial® services; affordable Joe Fresh® fashion and family apparel; and a couple of Canada’s top brands in President’s Choice and no name®.
Brand Writer Rockstar
The Brand Writer Rockstar embodies the No Frills brand voice across all channels, platforms, and opportunities. Need a Promo name? On it. A sassy reply on social? Got that too. From small one-off text message to epic brand campaign, the way our brand voice comes to life starts with the written word. Thank a rockstar writer for that.
Reporting to the Associate Creative Director, the Copywriter will partner with the creative team on concept development and all aspects of execution for No Frills. For this contract role, the successful candidate will be a forward thinker, a planner, a self starter, an irrepressible creative mind. The Copywriter will collaborate with a fast-moving team, in a stimulating and ever-evolving environment. They are passionate about consumer-centric storytelling and writing content that stands out in today’s world.
Key Responsibilities of Remote Copywriters at Loblaw Agency
- Lead all aspects of copywriting (strategize, ideate, conceptualize, message strategy, write, edit), collaborating with Creative Director as needed
- Participate in presentations of creative concepts and messaging to various marketing teams and Senior Management.
- Develop concepts and copy for all consumer-facing materials including In-store Signage, Out of home, print, digital, direct mail, social, OLV, radio, broadcast etc.
- Incorporate research findings provided by the consumer insights team to ensure concepts are insights driven
- Attend briefing meetings, status meetings and kick off meetings where scope and scale of projects are discussed and offer insight and expertise on best practices for messaging.
- Manage workflow and delegate copy requests as needed.
- Ensure all projects meet brand standards and are completed on schedule.
- Review talent castings and determine best voices for broadcast
- Attend Radio records and direct talent and production
- Develop relationships with external agencies/partners and vendors and provide direction/edits and approvals on outsourced copy as required
- Keep abreast about advertising trends consumer surveys and other data regarding marketing specific related goods and services.
- Use organizational skills to maintain systems/processes that provide structure to workflow of copy within the creative department.
- Contribute to the creative process, by generating ideas for marketing initiatives
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3+ years experience copywriting/advertising/communications.
- Extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency of writing across all channels
- A strong understanding of industry best practices and expertise in social content creation and digital marketing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present and justify creative ideas and concepts
- Knowledge of the marketplace and industries we operate in, creative strategy, and the competitive landscape
- A passion for big-idea thinking and telling stories
- A conceptual thinker that is confident presenting big ideas at meetings and brainstorming sessions
Areas of Execution
- Social post copy
- Social moderating
- In-store Radio
- Broadcast Radio
- Media ads (billboards, OLV, etc.)
- Promo event naming
- Owner signage (headlines, instructional pieces, etc)
- Pitches (bring the idea to life)
- Brand campaigns (We Know Local, Aisles of Glory, Holiday, etc.)
- TV scripts
At Loblaw Agency, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
Come and join a winning team who demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision. We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefor encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.