Melvin M.S. Goo Writing Fellowship 2024 (up to $10,000)
Applications are open for the Melvin M.S. Goo Writing Fellowship 2024. The Melvin M.S. Goo Writing Fellowship will award financial support to an individual journalist, author, or writer from the United States or China for a project that will enhance understanding between the two countries. This East-West Center fellowship is supported by a generous endowment from the Melvin M.S. Goo Memorial Fund.
Melvin M.S. Goo was a veteran journalist who led a 34-year career in the United States and Asia prior to his passing in 2016. Born in Macau and graduating high school in Honolulu, Hawaiʻi, Mr. Goo worked for 18 years as a reporter, editor, and editorial writer at The Honolulu Advertiser. In 1977 he was awarded the prestigious Nieman Fellowship at Harvard University. Mr. Goo continued his career in Asia, rising to Chief News Editor at The Nikkei Weekly and later Editor-in-Chief at Taiwan News.
- Applicants must be a national or permanent resident of either the United States or the People’s Republic of China.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- May be produced in either (or both) English or a Chinese language variety (applications must be submitted in English).
- Must be published or otherwise made publicly accessible in the United States and/or China; potential mediums include publication in print, print or online periodicals, etc.
- Must be an original work; completed or published projects will not be considered.
- Must be completed and delivered (i.e. published or distributed) by the end of 2024.
Duration and Benefits
- Up to US$10,000 financial support will be provided.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 1st October, 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.