Next Generation Investigative Journalism Fellowship 2023 for young West African Journalists
The Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) invites applications for the3RD edition of its Next Generation Investigative Journalism (NGIJ) fellowship programme. The Fellowship is an initiative to promote public interest, and accountability journalism in West Africa through mentorship and training of young promising journalism graduates as well as bolster quality journalism that advances transparency and accountability in governance, and the promotion of human rights.
Under the programme, selected fellows will be hosted in Ghana for a three-month comprehensive mentorship with Fact-Check Ghana and The Fourth Estate, both being MFWA’s public interest and accountability journalism projects made up of seasoned journalists. Fellows will receive intensive practical training to be able to conduct critical, high-quality, fact-based in-depth and enterprise reporting towards improving lives and promoting good governance through journalism excellence.
Fellows will also be supported to produce compelling investigative and/or fact-checking reports and expected to deliver at least one significant report each by end of the programme. Fellows will receive a Certificate of Honour upon successful completion of the programme.
- An Applicant should be a young journalist or freshly graduated journalist between the ages of 21 to 30 years who has just completed national service or is an entry level journalist in a Ghanaian newsroom, whose schedules are flexible enough to allow for full participation in the fellowship in Accra, Ghana.
- Journalists based in other regions other than Accra are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be available to fully participate in the three-month fellowship; attend all in-person and virtual training sessions and carry out all assignments throughout the duration of the Fellow.
Duration and Benefits
This year’s fellowship will be 3-months. It will cover the period September to November 2023. Aside from trainings on fact-checking and investigative reporting, there will also be specific trainings focused on issues of progressive taxation, domestic resource mobilization and illicit financial flows.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: July 25th, 2023
Documents & Guides
Below are relevant document samples and guides that may aid your application.
- Download CVs & Cover letters
- Download study materials
- Download career resources
- Download other materials
Begin your Application
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.
DISCLAIMER: Can you also vouch for the authenticity of this opportunity? Please rate it here. However, do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.