OPEC Fund Annual Award for Development 2023 ($100,000 prize)
Applications are open for the OPEC Fund Annual Award for Development 2023. The OPEC Fund Annual Award for Development (AAD) honours outstanding contributions to sustainable development. Established in 2006, the award annually recognizes a different theme of particular relevance to global development.
In recognition of the central role of women in the international development agenda, the OPEC Fund will present its 2023 AAD to a project partner working on the crossroads of gender equality, development and climate action. Of particular interest are plausible contributions toward SDG 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls; and SDG 13: Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- The nominating party should have direct knowledge of the nominated organization’s work.
- The nominating party may not be an employee or any other individual receiving remuneration for services from the nominated organization. Board members of the nominated organization may nominate, provided they receive no payment for their services.
- The nominating party may not be a family member or an employee of the nominated organization.
- The nominating party may not be the founder of the nominated organization.
- The nominating party may not be an OPEC Fund employee or board member.
- The nominee must be an established, nongovernmental charitable organization operating in a country or countries other than the OPEC Fund’s 12 member countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela).
- Nominees must be legal entities and have been so for at least three years.
- Nominees must have audited financial statements dating back at least two years.
- Nominees must have expenditures greater than US$1,000,000 (in their most recent audited accounts).
- Nominees may not be local offices of parent organizations, specific programs within organizations, university-based projects, or fiscally sponsored organizations.
Duration and Benefits: Awardees will receive a US$100,000 prize.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: May 12th, 2023
Start your Application
Below, you will find the application button, deadline information and other details. Good luck. But before you apply;share, rate and Join us for More.
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.