Study In Africa: 2022 DAAD Developmental Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students
Open to: Graduates, International Students, Post Graduates, Researchers, Scientists
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
The DAAD Developmental Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students to study at the University for Development Studies in Ghana have now opened for interested qualified candidates.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The award provides a fully-funded scholarship for selected and successful candidates to pursue an MPhil Agricultural Economics Programme for the 2022/2023 Academic Year under the West African Centre for Sustainable Rural Transformation +(WAC-SRT) at the University for Development Studies (UDS) in Tamale, Ghana.
A degree in development studies can be a good start for a career in policy. Many institutions, including governments, international bodies and NGOs hire development studies graduates to assist with drafting policies, especially related to the Global South.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the German Academic Exchange
Service (DAAD) Scholarships for the MPhil Agricultural Economics Programme for the
2022/2023 Academic Year under the West African Centre for Sustainable Rural Transformation
(WAC-SRT) at the University for Development Studies (UDS) in Tamale, Ghana.
The Programme is designed to equip students with the analytical, methodological and practical expertise needed to make a positive contribution to development planning and management in Ghana and beyond. In particular, it is intended to help students to acquire a range of skills and techniques for the formulation of appropriate responses to a diverse range of problems, including those relating to productive capacity, inter-sectoral integration, economic and social diversification, self-sufficiency and how to design evidence-based strategic solutions.
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- Have a first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in a relevant field from
a recognized institution of higher learning or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Submit official transcripts of academic records, certificates, and other relevant
documents from successfully completed undergraduate programmes.
- Students applying for the DAAD Scholarship should include a one-page statement of
motivation. In addition, applicants should include an updated Curriculum Vitae and
research proposal detailing the intended research work.
- DAAD Scholarship applicants must pass a selection interview (face-to-face interview
for local applicants or online interview for foreign applicants, as may be applicable).
vi) The applicants selected for the DAAD scholarship to pursue the MPhil Agricultural
Economics Programme will be awarded a two (2) year contract
- For candidates who wish to apply for a DAAD scholarship, the first degree with a
minimum of Second Class Upper Division in a relevant field from a recognized
institution of higher learning. The last academic degree obtained should not be older
than six years.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Agricultural Economics (2 years, Full Time)
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form
- Passport Photo
- Research proposal
- Letter of motivation
- Reference letters
How To Apply
- Ghanaian applicants are to make a payment of GHS 250.00 (Two Hundred and Fifty Ghana
Cedis) for the UDS E-Voucher at any Zenith Bank, Agricultural Development Bank (ADB),
Prudential Bank, National Investment Bank (NIB), GCB Bank Ltd., Ecobank and Stanbic
Bank branches throughout the country and use the E-voucher number to complete the
application form on the UDS online portal (www.uds.edu.gh).
- Foreign applicants should visit UDS online payment portal at www.pay.uds.edu.gh with
a Master Card or Visa Card to make an online payment of $100.00 (One Hundred US
Dollars) for the e-Voucher.
- The E-Voucher contains the PIN and Serial Number required in completing the online
- Access the online form by visiting our online admissions portal at www.uds.edu.gh soon
- In completing the online form, students will be required to upload their most recent
passport size photographs and relevant certificates.
- A form is not considered complete until it is SUBMITTED after accepting our Data
Confirmation Policy (click on submit to finish your application). Applicants are advised to
check thoroughly all details entered before finally submitting their online applications. A
form, once submitted, can be viewed, but cannot be edited.
- Applicants must print out three copies of the application summary; attach transcripts,
certificates, and all other relevant documents to each form. Three referees’ details are also
required. Candidates must also attach a synopsis of their thesis proposal (maximum of five
pages) as part of the application.
- Applicants in Ghana are strongly advised to visit any EMS Office in the Country for
assistance towards the return of the application documents. Applicants are advised not to
post the forms themselves. They should seek the advice and services of Ghana Post EMS.
The application documents specified above should be addressed to:
The Head (Academic & Students’ Affairs)
University for Development Studies
P.O Box TL 1350
Foreign applicants should also post three sets of the application documents mentioned
in (vii) by Express mail to the address indicated above.
- For foreign applications, candidates should send a scanned copy of the application form
and all documents in (vii) above to the Senior Assistant Registrar, Graduate School through
this email: [email protected] and copy the Head of Department through the email:
- All applicants for the DAAD Scholarships should send a scanned copy of their
application form and all documents to the UDS Coordinator of Programmes, West African
Centre for Sustainable Rural Transformation (WAC-SRT, UDS) through the email:
[email protected] and [email protected] Also, copy the Senior Assistant
Registrar at the Graduate School ([email protected]) as well as the Head of Department
(Agricultural and Food Economics) via [email protected] It is important that
scanned copies of your application are emailed as a single pdf file to the designated officers
to support the application process. Incomplete applications will not be considered during
the selection process.
Click here to read more and on the button below to commence your application.