Study In Indonesia: 2023 Indonesian Government KNB Scholarships for Developing Countries
Indonesian Government KNB Scholarships is a prestigious scholarship program offered by the government of Republic of Indonesia to selected applicants originating from developing countries.
Managed by the Directorate General of Higher Education, Research and Technology, Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology, the scholarship has been disbursed since 2006 to 1,608 recipients from 97 countries.
The role of KNB Scholarship, has been central in supporting Indonesian higher education institutions in their endeavor for internationalization. The number of international students is indicative of global visibility of higher education institutions.
In support of Indonesian universities’ internationalization and to accommodate the increasing interests from applicants all around the world, the number of scholarships being awarded every year has continued to grow.
The scholarship has also been continuing to expand its partnership with reputable public and private universities in the country. In doing so, the scholarship has been sustaining the quality improvement of Indonesian higher education institutions in order to meet the standards of internationally reputable universities.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- The maximum age to apply for the scholarship is 25 years old.
- Hold a High School degree (please provide the scanned degree certificate and academic transcripts in English). Please be advised that a bachelor’s degree holder is not eligible to apply for the bachelor’s Degree scholarship.
- Have the English Proficiency Test Score as follows: IBT TOEFL of 80, IELTS of 6.0, TOEIC of 700 (the certificate must be obtained within the last 2 Years).
- Provide the recommendation letter to apply for the KNB scholarship from the Indonesian Embassy or the Indonesian Consulate General.
- Provide a recommendation letter to apply for the KNB scholarship from The employer/immediate supervisor.
- Provide Academic Recommendation Letters from previous schools.
- Proff od citizenship (Official Passport or Personal ID).
- Complete the online application form here
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The KNB Scholarship covers:
- Settlement allowance;
- Living allowance;
- Book allowance;
- Research Allowance;
- Health insurance;
- A round-trip international airfare (economy class).
Duration of Scholarship:
- Indonesian Language Course and Master Preparatory Program: Maximum 12 months
- Master Program: Maximum 24 months (4 semester)
- Bachelor Program: Maximum 48 months (8 semester)
- PhD Program: Maximum 36 months
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A Scan Copy of Passport ID Page/Citizenship ID;
- A Scan Copy of Academic/Degree Sertificate(s) (High School);
- A Scan Copy of Academic Transcript(s) (High School);
- A Letter of Recommendation from an Indonesian Embassy/Consulate General of Indonesia;
- A Letter of Recommendation from the Employer/Immediate Supervisor
- A Letter of Academic Recommendation from previous schools;
- A Certificate of English Proficiency Test (IBT TOEFL of 80 / IELTS of 6.0 / TOEIC of 700).
How To Apply
Use the link below to apply;
- Download the KNB Scholarship Offering Letter from the KNB Scholarship website.
- Submit the Invitation letter, Passport, Academic Certificates and Academic Transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy or Indonesian Consulate to acquire the recommendation letter. For more information about address, phone number, e-mail or website indonesian embassy in your country, you can check from this link : https://kemlu.go.id/portal/en/kedutaan
- Complete the online application process.
- Selection process.
- The Selection Results will be broadcasted online through the KNB Scholarship Website and officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy publication network.
The Application Deadline is 18 February 2023
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.