University of Cape Town MasterCard Scholarship is an educational initiative that provides academically talented young people from economically disadvantaged communities in Africa with access to quality university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UCT provides full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate or postgraduate (honours and master’s) degree-seeking applicants.
The scholarships ensure a premium educational package that will produce graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognised and locally applicable, and whose transition into the workforce is underpinned by values of engaged citizenship and social justice.
These scholarships cover the full period of study and are renewable annually subject to satisfactory performance and participation in the activities and opportunities offered by the programme.
Successful candidates will be required to commit themselves to returning to their home countries and to invest their gained skills and education in their country’s social and economic growth.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must be:
- Academically talented, must value learning and be driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged and facing significant financial barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back to their own communities once studies are completed, to return to their home countries and take a leadership role in promoting social and economic improvement.
- Citizens and residents of a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Wanting to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level (Masters by research and coursework or research Masters, only).
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The scholarship includes:
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- A relevant and recognised education through academic curricula aimed at producing graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognised and locally applicable.
- Academic and peer mentor support – to ensure that each Scholar successfully progresses academically.
- An array of cultural and transition support and training aimed at academic and professional enrichment and assisting in the challenges facing university going students.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
How To Apply
To apply for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, applicants must first apply to UCT for academic study and placement.
Only applicants, who have applied for academic study and placement at UCT, can submit an application for a Mastercard Foundation scholarship.
The Application Deadline is 31st March 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.