University of Lausanne UNIL Masters Scholarships is for excellence awarded exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level.
The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
UNIL grants around ten scholarships a year. Candidates are aware that the sum of the scholarship awarded is not sufficient to live in Switzerland.
Students offered a scholarship will be exempt from the fixed registration fees for the courses, with the exception of the CHF 80.00 fees to be paid each semester.
The list of all Masters degrees at UNIL that it is possible to apply can be found at this address:
It is not possible to apply for the following programmes:
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of Education
- Master of Law. Exceptions open to applications for Masters scholarships : specialisms “International and comparative law” and “Legal theory”, “International taxation”
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics
- Master of Science in Health sciences
- Master of Science (MSc) in Sustainable Management & Technology
- All MASs (PhD programmes)
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- To have obtained a foreign university degree is considered equivalent to a bachelor’s at UNIL before the beginning of the master’s programme at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- To have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or at least C1 in English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- Not been registered with UNIL
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
Withdrawal from the programme will lead to the suspension of the scholarship
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year
- Students offered a scholarship will be exempt from the fixed registration fees for the courses, with the exception of the CHF 80.00 fees to be paid each semester.
Interview date, Process and Venue
- 1 November: application deadline
- November-December: Processing of applications by the Social Affairs and Student Mobility Office (SASME) and the Admissions department (SII)
- December-January: The SASME informs candidates whose application is incomplete or has not been accepted by the admissions department that their application for the scholarship has been unsuccessful.
- January-February: Complete applications are transferred to the faculties for consideration of their eligibility for the chosen masters degrees.
- February-March: The SASME informs candidates whose application has not been accepted by the faculty.
- March: The selection board for masters scholarships selects the candidates who will be offered a masters scholarship.
- Early April: candidates are informed of the selection board’s decision.
NB: Decisions may not be appealed!
How To Apply
You must not make an application for admission to the master’s degree via the Admissions Department (SII).
Candidates must send their completed application (refer to the document in the margin, “list of documents to attach to your application”), unbound, by post only to the following address:
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilité étudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
The application form must be completed on a computer and duly signed by the candidate.
The application for the Master’s scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at UNIL).
The application deadline is 1 November to begin a master’s degree during the following academic year, in the autumn or spring semester if the programme allows. The postmark will attest to the date sent.
Incomplete applications, particularly those lacking certified copies of the academic documents requested, will not be considered.
The Application Deadline is 1st November 2022
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.