Teach In France: 2022 Nigerian English Language Assistants Program for Young Nigerians
France’s Nigerian English Language Assistants Program allows you to familiarize yourself with the language and culture of France while bringing the authenticity of your language and the richness of your culture to schools.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
This international mobility thus offers you a possibility of training and a beginning of professionalization, thus bringing an undeniable added value to your career.
Language assistants in France are assigned to schools (primary or secondary).
The role of the assistant is to improve the students’ communication skills, especially orally, and to deepen their knowledge of a different civilization and culture.
It generally intervenes in support of the work carried out by the modern language teachers of the school and/or the educational establishment. He can intervene with the whole class in the presence of the teacher or take small groups of students apart.
The specificities of the assistant allow him to encourage students to express themselves orally, to bring a playful dimension to learning, and to discuss socio-cultural themes likely to
It can provide one or more of the following functions:
- the practice of oral language with the students alongside the teacher;
- participation in the implementation of educational projects;
- organization of a language club;
- contribution to authentic recordings intended to enrich the audiovisual collections of schools and/or establishments;
- participation in the implementation of an exchange project.
To be considered for the role, you must:
- Candidates must be NIGERIAN citizens. Permanent residents are not eligible.
- Candidates must be between 20 and 35 years of age at the time of taking up their positions.
- Candidates must have completed their secondary education in NIGERIA.
- Candidates must be enrolled at any NIGERIAN university at the time of application.
- Candidates must have completed at least two years of university studies.
- A minimum Level B1 in French is required.
- Candidates must be native English speakers.
- Candidates should preferably be single, as the salary of an assistant is not adequate to support dependents.
Duration and Reward
The language assistant has the status of non-statutory official. He works 12 hours a week. The duration of the contract is 7 months (6 months for German assistants), from October 1 to April 30 (March 31 for German assistants).
The monthly salary was set at €976.49 gross before deduction of various mandatory deductions (social security, etc.), i.e. around €770 to €785 net.
You will benefit from the same holidays as your French students and colleagues.
In France, all schools are administratively part of an academy.
Candidates can be assigned to any establishment of the academy, in urban or rural areas. For example, being assigned to the Toulouse Academy does not mean that you will work in the city of Toulouse.
How To Apply
Pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview (physical or online) in one of the following locations depending on the city closest to your place of residence: Abuja (Institut français du Nigeria) and Alliances Françaises in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Ibadan, Enugu Kaduna, Owerri, Ilorin, Kano, Jos or Maiduguri.
For more information, interested candidates can click this link.
The Application Deadline is 25th February 2022.