Teachers Needed at the Bridge International Academies
Bridge (or Bridge International Academies) partners with parents and communities to create powerful, transformative schools that guarantee that all pupils, regardless of their parents’ income or the language they speak at home, are supported in realising their full potential, and can enjoy a gateway to success.We create ‘community schools’ that provide life-changing education which transforms lives and opens the door to a successful future for our pupils.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
We do this by delivering academic excellence through accelerated learning, leadership skills development and providing a caring environment that supports growth.
We empower a network of committed, trained and prepared teachers while leveraging technology. Our pedagogical techniques also are advanced and in line with best practice, and we deploy world class lessons to develop the most effective teacher training and support techniques, all with the aim of creating a truly pupil-centred classroom.Since opening our first schools in Ijegun and Ikorodu, Lagos in 2015, our pupils have continued to exceed expectations and excel.
Pupils at Bridge Nigeria have consistently achieved top performance in the National Common Entrance Examinations, receiving merit scholarships at Lead-Forte Gate College and winning places at some of the top secondary schools in the country, including King’s and Queen’s college.At Bridge, we believe that quality education has the power to transform the future of Nigeria’s youth.
In joining us, you will become part of a team of dynamic and passionate Nigerians who are taking concrete action to help ensure a better future for all of Nigeria.
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
Schools are the heart of our work. The team is mandated to inspire teachers to teach with passion, pupils to learn with purpose, parents to believe in a better future for their children, and communities to become the change they want to see in the world.
To achieve this vision, the team ensures schools are smoothly run – the school team is motivated and inspired, delivering life changing lessons, creating an experience that makes parents stay with us, and also cultivating interest and excitement in our work in communities where we serve. Schools is responsible for ensuring all of the work created by our expert teams, including Instructional Design, Leadership & Development, Technology, Communications, Creative and Insight, are used in each school, and each school is managed to achieve its goal of ensuring every child enjoys a learning environment that develops her core skills, knowledge and confidence.
The performance of the entire organisation is led by the Schools Group, which is responsible for day-to-day management of each school. Schools work to strengthen school enrollment and student retention, ensuring every school is regarded as the strongest school in its neighbourhood and delivers on improved learning outcomes for children and earns the trust of the parents. We engage with school leaders and teachers every day, ensuring ongoing professional development, performance management, and intensive coaching. We are always seeking effective ways of ensuring every school is supported with data-driven practises. We measure our success through both the financial sustainability of the school and the learning outcomes of the children in the classroom. We are performance driven.
About The Role of Teachers Needed at the Bridge International Academies
The Teacher at Bridge is responsible for managing and overseeing the operations of a class in all respects and delivering lessons.. The role holder is ultimately responsible for the smooth running of the assigned class and the academic achievement of its pupils. This job requires a strong presence around the academy and the local community.
What You Will Do
- Instructional delivery – use our latest technology to deliver all Bridge content and lesson notes, which come fully prepared on a tablet.
- Raise pupil achievement – be accountable for the learning needs of all pupils, and do what it takes to help them improve
- Parent relations – maintain positive relationships and close communication with parents on their child’s progression
- Customer outreach – conduct various forms of customer outreach ranging from door-to-door canvassing to academy-hosted events in order to attract new pupils to Bridge
- Grow professionally – attend periodic re-trainings for professional development
- Academy collaboration – support other members of your team and Academy Manager, organize co-curricular activities to make Bridge a vibrant and healthy academy in your community.
- And any other related duties that are in line with your training and competencies.
What You Should Have
- University Degree in Education or NCE or Post Graduate Diploma in Education. TRCN (Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria) Certificate is an added advantage.
- Prior teaching or mentoring experience not necessary but encouraged (we will train you).
- Ability to address the parents with utmost respect and solve the problems with right solutions.
- Passion, love and patience for children – particularly those in the age group you want to teach.
- Proven track record of professionalism, punctuality, discipline and compliance.
- Strong English skills (speaking, reading, writing) and local language skills.
- Open attitude to try new things and stamina for teaching a full class day (7AM – 5PM Monday – Thursday and 7AM-3PM Friday), grit to persevere in challenging situations.
- Engages effectively with parents, and is prepared to speak with parents and engage with the community outside of the teacher timetable.
- Thrives within structure and is open to prepared teacher guides; is able to follow detailed and multi-step instructions.
- Shows potential for strong classroom management and will have pride in teaching a large class.
- A desire to grow personally and professionally including the ability to learn quickly and follow the policies of a multinational organisation; internal promotions are encouraged.
- Hobbies to share as co-curricular activities with the larger academy.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organised and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
The Application Deadline is Unspecified