Thomson Foundation 2022 Journalist Award for Journalists worldwide
Thomson Foundation is offering six rising stars the chance to connect with six of the best journalists in the industry as part of our prestigious Young Journalist Award 2022.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
This year’s award will be extra special for another reason, too. It will be the first time in two years that our three finalists will be able to attend the glittering ceremony in London in person. The pandemic of the past two years has meant finalists could only attend virtually.
For our 60th anniversary, there’s an added bonus which we’re calling ‘Connect 6’. To mark six decades of the foundation, our three finalists as well as the next three highest in our shortlist will have the opportunity to be mentored for six months by six established journalists from our alumni.
Requirements and Qualifications for Thomson Foundation Journalist Award
- Thomson Foundation Young Journalist Award in partnership with the UK Foreign Press Association (FPA) is open to journalists aged 30 or under from countries with a Gross National Income (GNI) per capita of less than $20,000.
- Those who meet the criteria are welcome to submit a portfolio of three published pieces of work produced in the 12 months preceding the deadline for submissions, which is 12 August, 2022.
- They can be in any medium — print, audio, video or multimedia.
Aim and Benefits of Thomson Foundation Journalist Award
- The three Young Journalist Award finalists will automatically qualify for the mentorship programme.
- The additional three will be selected from the shortlist of 12 to join them as part of our ongoing investment into ethical, independent and trusted journalism.
- If you are one of the selected six, you’ll be provided with a unique package of support and paired with an established journalist matched to your region from our extensive alumni network.
- You’ll learn from them how their exclusives and investigations have changed the world, and how yours can too.
- In addition, all 12 journalists in the shortlist will be given space on our website and social media channels and receive a certificate from Thomson Foundation commending them on the high standard of their work.
How to Apply
Go to Thomson Foundation on docs.google.com to apply