Applications are open for the UN Foundation Polio Press Fellowship 2024. The fellowship is geared towards journalists interested in reporting stories on polio eradication throughout the world.
Selected fellows are expected to participate in a virtual polio training conducted by the UN Foundation before traveling to a country at the forefront of the polio eradication effort to gather content and interviews related to their proposed topic. On completion of the trip, fellows are expected to publish their work through reputable media outlets. Both international and local reporters with proven experience publishing in national and/or global outlets are encouraged to apply.
Polio is a highly contagious disease that primarily affects children under the age of five and can cause paralysis and even death. Due to comprehensive eradication efforts, including an effective vaccine, global detection and reporting networks, robust government investment, and dedicated health workers, polio cases have decreased dramatically worldwide – down more than 99% since 1988 – and global polio eradication is within sight.
The goal of this fellowship is to provide professional journalists with the means to travel to areas affected by polio and gather stories to raise global awareness about the importance of polio eradication work as well as the ways in which polio infrastructure can contribute to broader health goals.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
- Open to journalists interested in reporting stories on polio eradication throughout the world;
- Preference will be given to reporters interested in traveling to the following high-priority countries: Democratic Republic of the Congo, Nigeria, Mozambique, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen.
Duration and Benefits
- Each selected fellow will receive an award, not to exceed $10,000 USD, to cover expenses for an individual reporting trip in the first half of 2024, based on the project and budget proposal included in their application. Covered expenses may include transportation, accommodations, food, visas, and other travel costs. Awards may not be used to purchase equipment.
- Two award categories are available, small awards (under $5,000) or large awards (up to $10,000).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 1st January, 2024
Documents & Guides
Below are relevant document samples and guides that may aid your application.
- Download CVs & Cover letters
- Download study materials
- Download career resources
- Download other materials
Begin your Application
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.
DISCLAIMER: Can you also vouch for the authenticity of this opportunity? Please rate it here. However, do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.