UNESCO Fifth Global Media and Information Literacy Youth Hackathon 2023
Applications are open for the UNESCO Fifth Global Media and Information Literacy Youth Hackathon 2023. The UNESCO annual Global Media and Information Literacy Week is a major occasion for stakeholders to review and celebrate the progress achieved towards “Media and Information Literacy for All.”
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
The Global Media and Information Literacy Youth Hackathon is an integral part of the Global Media and Information Literacy Week Youth Agenda Forum. It is an opportunity for young people and youth organizations worldwide to participate in creating innovative MIL learning in meaningful ways. Following the previous four successful editions, the fifth Global Media and Information Literacy Youth Hackathon will be held during Global MIL Week 2023.
UNESCO and partners call on youth worldwide to participate in this virtual hackathon to design innovative solutions to a defined set of social challenges, in connection with the year’s theme: “Youth powering media and information literacy in digital spaces.”
Tasks & Challenges
The participating teams will design innovative and creative solutions to one of the following three challenges:
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
- Promoting Media and Information Literacy in Digital Spaces
- Youth Championing Media and Information Literacy in Cities
- Integrating Media and Information Literacy in Youth Organizations to tackle potentially harmful content online, including disinformation and hate speech
- Radio programmes/Podcasts
- Creative community-based interventions (non-technology focused)
- Other creative modalities for innovative interventions would also be accepted
- Youth from schools, universities, youth centers, youth organizations, and young leaders from around the globe are invited to participate.
- Participating teams will comprise 3-6 members (ensuring gender parity, teams can be national, regional, or international).
- Any group of persons aged between 18 and 32 years adheres to the values of UNESCO, such as peace, respect for diversity, freedom of expression, etc.
- No previous computer science or coding background is required.
- Experience and expertise in gaming, mobile application, website and radio/media content development would be an asset.
Duration and Benefits
- All participating teams will receive a certificate of participation.
- Winning teams will gain:
- Opportunity to present their projects globally at the Youth Agenda Forum of the Global MIL Week 2023.
- A winning certificate from UNESCO.
- Recognition through a UNESCO press release and various media channels.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: August 1st, 2023