2022-2023 Harvard University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program
Harvard University through the Center for African Studies is pleased to announce the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for African-based researchers who are interested in advancing new ideas and promoting enduring knowledge.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The program offers 18-month postdoctoral fellowships with 12 months spent at the scholar’s home institution and six months spent in stipend-supported residency at Harvard University.
Eligibility Criteria For Harvard University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
To be eligible for the Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Africa-based researchers who intend to continue/return to work in African academia.
- Must have received a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral-level research degree in any discipline and must hold a paid academic appointment at any African university or research institution.
- Applicants who have not yet formally received their degree must present evidence of having completed the academic requirements before commencing the Fellowship.
- Applicants must identify a Harvard faculty mentor to support research and scholarly work; additionally, they should identify a second mentor at their home institution.
- Both mentors are required to submit letters of recommendation during the application process.
- Applicants must be proficient in the English language.
- Must have support from their home institutions to pursue an 18-month fellowship appointment.
- Applicants should have an academic appointment in an African university/research institution or include a letter from the institution that such an appointment is forthcoming during the fellowship period.
How To Apply
Interested applicants for the Harvard University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship are to complete an online application and upload required documents as prompted.
The Application Deadline is 30th April 2022, at 11 pm ET.
Interested applicants can visit the official webpage for more details.