2022/2023 IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program in Mathematical Research
Open to: Africans, Developing countries, Graduates, International Students
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
Applications are now open for the (International Mathematics Union) IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program for Scientists in Africa carrying out Mathematical research. The Fellowship seeks to support research sabbaticals for mathematicians from African developing countries to travel to an internationally known mathematical centre of excellence for collaborative research.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The IMU-Simons African Fellowship is funded by the Simons Foundation, New York, the USA with the mission to advance the frontiers of research in mathematics and the basic sciences. They sponsor a range of programs in the sciences, including grants programs in mathematics and the physical sciences.
Eligibility Criteria for IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program
To be eligible for the IMU-Simons African Fellowship Program for Mathematical Research:
- Applicant must hold a valid doctoral degree (PhD) in mathematics.
- Applicant must be based (place of work) in an African developing country.
- Applicant must be employed as a mathematician in a faculty of a university or an equivalent higher education institution.
- Applicant should already have established contact with a mathematician in the host institution in the mathematical centre of excellence worldwide and should have a definite research plan.
- Applicant should have been granted appropriate leave of absence from his/her home institution which will cover the period of the visit.
- The application must also be accompanied by a formal letter of invitation from the host institution, which clearly specifies the period of the (short) research visit and the extent of the host institutions financial commitment and support.
- Eligible countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, D.R. Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Tunisia, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zanzibar, Zimbabwe.
How To Apply
Interested applicants are to complete the online application by following the procedures stated below:
- Please fill out and submit the online application form for the IMU-Simons Programs.
- Upload all requested documents (two CVs: of the host and the applicant, detailed Research plan, invitation letter by the host institution, letter by the home institution, tentative budget details in USD) as 1 joint PDF to the Online Application Form.
- A picture of you for our website (upload separately to the Online Application Form).
The Application Deadline is 1st October 2022.