2022/2023 Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals is a highly sought-after, fully-funded international scholarship program for master’s level studies in Sweden. International students from about 43 countries are given the opportunity to apply for scholarships to study in Sweden.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to positive and sustainable development in their home countries and regions. In 2022 the Swedish Institute will grant about 350 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
Eligibility Criteria for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals
We are looking for ambitious professionals who want to make a difference by working with issues that contribute to a just and sustainable development in their home country and region. The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals will be awarded based on the following eligibility conditions;
- Country of citizenship: You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships.
- University admissions: You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by the 7th of April 2022.
- Work experience: You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
- Leadership experience: You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or from civil society engagements.
- Master’s programs: The master’s programs you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give priority to programs within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
- Full tuition fee coverage is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 10,000to covers your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Travel grant of up to SEK 15,000 for the entire study period depending on your country of origin
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development. The local networks operate worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
How To Apply
Application for the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals starts with an application for a master’s program at a Swedish University and then the application for a Global Professionals scholarship for final evaluation and consideration.
The Application Deadline is 28th February 2022.