2022 DeepMind Postgraduate Scholarship at University of Birmingham, UK
Open to: Africans, Developing countries, Girls & Women, Innovators, Scientists
Login / Register
The School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham is thrilled to announce three scholarships, generously funded by DeepMind, that are open to applicants currently holding either a conditional offer or unconditional offer for the MSc Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Applications are hereby invited from eligible students from around the world.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The University of Birmingham, with support from DeepMind, is committed to increasing accessibility to and enhancing the diversity of underrepresented groups in computer science.
Eligibility Criteria for DeepMind Scholarships at University of Birmingham 2022
Applicants wishing to apply for the scholarship should meet one OR both of the following criteria:
- Identify as female OR Identify as Black African, Black Caribbean or other Black ethnicities.
Applicants must also:
- Be able to demonstrate that they would not be able to take up the offer of admission without financial assistance.
- Have already received a conditional/unconditional offer to study the MSc in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at the University of Birmingham; and
- Be ordinarily resident in the UK and would be classified as the UK for fee-paying purposes.
The scholarship, valued at £47,680 for international students and valued at £29,860 each for UK students, is applied against:
- International tuition fees – £26,640 / UK tuition fees – £10,620
- A maintenance grant of £15,840 (to use for living costs), paid in instalments over the duration of the course
- Funding of up to £2,000 to attend an international conference in the field of AI and/or Machine Learning during the course as well as £1,500 towards the purchase of essential equipment (suitable laptop etc.).
- £1700 to assist with relocation expenses
How To Apply
The interested applicant needs to first apply for a conditional or an unconditional offer of admission before opting in for the scholarship. Applications are now being accepted through the online form. Please only make an application once you have received a conditional/unconditional offer, as you will not be considered until you hold one.
The Application Deadline is 30th June 2022.
Interested applicants can visit the official webpage for more information.