The Foyle Young Poets 2022 is now accepting Submissions. The poetry Award for young ones is one of the biggest and most established prizes for young people aged 11 – 17 in the world.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Since the Foyle young poets contest began 24 years ago, the Award has kick-started the career of some of today’s most exciting new voices. Past winners include Jay Bernard, Sarah Howe, Helen Mort, Phoebe Power, Caroline Bird, Mukahang Limbu, Richard O’Brien, and many more incredible poets.
Eligibility For Foyle Young Poets 2022
- Entrants must be aged between 11-and 17 years old on the date of the deadline 31 July 2022.
- Entries will be accepted from anywhere in the world i.e no nationality restrictions.
- The competition is free to enter.
The competition is organized by the Poetry Society.
- Young poets can submit poems on any theme, of any length, and of any style.
- Poems must be written in English.
- Poems must be the original work of the author and cannot have been published anywhere.
- Entries should be sent through the submission site
The top 15 winners will have their poems printed in the winners’ print anthology, 25,000 copies of which are distributed to schools, libraries, and poetry enthusiasts.
The top 15 winners will be invited to attend a life-changing residential writing course at one of the prestigious Arvon Centres, or receive alternative sustained mentoring from a professional poet.
The 85 commended poets will have their work published in an online anthology and their names in the print anthology.
The Submission Deadline is 31 July 2022