2022 International Monetary Fund Challenge for Undergraduate Students
The International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) African department (AFR), Asia and Pacific Department (APD), Institute for Capacity Development and Middle East and Central Asia Department (MCD) in collaboration with the IMF Office of Innovation and Change (OIC), invite economics students to join the 2022 International Monetary Fund Challenge.
The Fund Challenge will provide the undergraduate students the opportunity to showcase their skills and abilities to the world while meeting with policy makers, academics and civil society organizations from around the world.
Details of International Monetary Fund Challenge
The International Monetary Fund is a global organization that seeks to build a framework for international economic cooperation with over 190-member countries, with staff drawn from 150 nations. The IMF Fund Challenge is an avenue to test the student’s understanding of macroeconomic analysis.
The pre-qualification requirements for participating in the 2022 Fund Challenge are as follows:
- Students must be currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs (including class of 2022) in economics or a related field at an institution of higher learning in any AFR, APD or MCD member country to be eligible to compete in the Fund Challenge.
- Each team must consist of two students of the same institution of higher learning. Each team wishing to participate should register only once using the Fund Challenge Registration Site by June 1. Registration will require providing the contact information of a faculty member who can then verify the team’s enrollment at an institution of higher learning in any AFR, APD, or MCD member country.
- As a part of the challenge, participants must register and successfully complete ICD’s online Macroeconomic Diagnostics course (MDSx), between June 6 and September 2. The course is provided at no charge to participants, but each team member must register and complete the course separately with edX. The workload for the course is approximately 6–8 hours per week. Participants who wish to receive a course certificate must purchase a verified certificate from edX. Details on course access and technical requirements will be communicated on June 2.
- Teams who successfully complete the required online course will be asked to analyze a new case study developed by ICD. Each team will then submit a presentation that (a) describes the current economic situation in the case study, and (b) recommends policies to address the identified challenges.
- Presentations may be prepared in English or French and submitted in any format (MS PowerPoint is recommended), but please note that the MDSx course and new case study will only be available in English.
How To Apply
Interested applicants for the International Monetary Fund Challenge 2022 are to register for the Fund Challenge on or before the application deadline. Finalist teams will have the opportunity to present virtually at the IMF annual meetings.
The Application Deadline is the 1st of June 2022
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.