Applications for the Jackson Wild Summit Fellowship 2022 are now open. The Jackson Wild Summit Fellowship is a comprehensive program for storytellers to accelerate their project in development through a series of skill-building workshops, networking events, pitching opportunities, and mentorship.
Projects in development must include a visual media component (e.g. short-form and long-form films, animation, VR/AR/360° video, a web series, a film impact campaign, etc.). Projects can consist of a wide range of topics including but not limited to environmental justice, climate change, conservation, human-wildlife conflict, traditional ecological knowledge, etc. Applicants will be asked to clearly articulate their goals. A fellow’s undertaking can be in the early, middle, or later stage of development.
This 4-month program will accept 10 to 15 in-person fellows, beginning their journey virtually with a slate of workshops, gatherings and mentorship and will culminate with an engaging lineup of exclusive skill-building and networking opportunities at the 31st annual Jackson Wild Summit in Burgenland, Austria.
Jackson Wild Summit Fellowship 2022 Cost
Fellows will receive:
- A complimentary pass to the 2022 Jackson Wild Summit.
- Lodging that is covered for the duration of the fellowship (Sat, Sept 24 – Sun, Oct 1).
- A financial stipend to cover the cost of travel.
Additionally, fellows will enjoy the following benefits:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Community.
- All fellows will be paired with individual mentors
- Two virtual workshops before the Summit
- Two in-person workshops at the Summit
- One virtual networking event prior to the Summit
- A social hour for fellows and mentor/board individuals on Sunday night
- A gathering for all of the fellows on Tuesday evening
- Fellows will have an exclusive opportunity to sign up for consulting slots to receive specific advice on projects in the works
- Early sign-up for speed pitching
- Individual support with fellows’ specified career goals and projects
Jackson Wild Summit Fellowship 2022 Eligibility
- Open to all storytellers from around the world;
- Applicants must have at least 2 years of experience working in the industry;
- Applicants must have at least one project in development.
Jackson Wild Summit Fellowship 2022 Ideal candidates include:
- Emerging to mid-career wildlife, science, and natural history storytellers who are interested in growing their network and gaining a deeper understanding of the industry as a whole;
- Creators with a focus on visual media whose backgrounds are outside of nature-centered topics, but who are looking to “genre hop” into the wildlife filmmaking industry;
- Natural history/wildlife photographers who are in the process of expanding the scope of their work into video.
Jackson Wild Summit Fellowship 2022 Application Deadline
Applications will close on July 1, 2022 at 11:59 pm EDT. Applicants will be notified by July 29, 2022 and the Summit Fellowship will run from September 24 – October 1, 2022.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should click the apply button below
The Application Deadline is 1st July 2022
Documents & Guides
Below are relevant document samples and guides that may aid your application.
- Download CVs & Cover letters
- Download study materials
- Download career resources
- Download other materials
Begin your Application
Subscribe here for weekly newsletters.
DISCLAIMER: Can you also vouch for the authenticity of this opportunity? Please rate it here. However, do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.