The annual Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) competition is organized for undergraduates in tertiary institutions in the memory of Late Miss Jemila Abubakar, the pioneer project manager of Asido Foundation.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
In their usual manner, the top 15 participants of the competition will be grouped into cohorts for the implementation of a 3-month JAME Project intervention across communities. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 winners of the competition and they will also head the cohorts groups created by the top 15.
The theme for this edition is Mainstreaming Mental Health in Nigeria: Barriers and Opportunities.
Outcomes of the JAME Competition:
At the end of the competition, participants will:
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
- Have improved knowledge on mental health.
- Be encouraged to become mental health advocates.
- Gain more knowledge in essay writing.
The Asido Foundation’s JAME competition commenced on 13th of November 2022 and submission ends 11:59 pm, 9th of December 2022.
Requirements for 2022 Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay Competition:
To be considered for the competition, you must the following requirement:
- Open to all undergraduates of any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- Must be able to present evidence of studentship.
- Must sign the Asido Foundation’s unashamed pledge.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- 1st Place: #200,000
- 2nd Place: #150,000
- 3rd Place: #100,000
Winners will be announced on January 19, 2023 and the top 15 would be awarded a certificate and also enrolled as JAME 2023 Fellowship Mentees.
How To Apply
Interested participants are encouraged to adhere strictly to the following guidelines:
- Essay word count should range from a minimum of 750 to a maximum of 1,500 words.
- Participants are to attach a scanned copy of a recent passport photograph, proof of studentship and a certificate of the signed unashamed pledge.
- Body of the email should contain: full name, email address, phone number, name of institution, department and course of study, and level of study.
- Entries should be sent only in word document format to the email: [email protected]