2023 European Writing Prize for Writers worldwide
Applications are open for the European Writing Prize 2023. The European Society of Literature hosts many writing competitions each year, but the European Writing Prize is the most prestigious of them all.
The annual competition will help showcase a variety of writers from different backgrounds, and this year marks the first. The theme is usually quite vague so as to give authors room to add as much of their own individuality and creativity to their pieces as possible.
- The theme for this European Writing Prize is ‘Anxiety’. Writers should incorporate the notion of anxiety into their work however they see fit. What matters most is whether you submit a fine piece of writing — it isn’t so much about how close to the prize theme you make your work.
The prize for the winner will be as follows:
- 50 Euros paid via PayPal or bank transfer.
- Automatic lifetime membership into The European Society of Literature (TESL).
- Publication in the following quarterly literary journal of TESL.
- Potential talks with literary agents — they may scout the shortlist and winners.
- The prestige associated with being victorious! An unmatched opportunity to get your foot in the burgeoning literary industry of Europe and the Americas.
Eligibility Requirement For 2023 European Writing Prize
Open to anyone! Despite ‘European’ being in the title, you can submit a piece of writing regardless of where you are in the world. They only ask that your submission be written in English, as their judges mostly speak that as their first language.
- You must be 18 years of age to submit.
- You must submit your piece in English.
- Your piece must be your own work, not the work of others. Evidence of plagiarism will have your work removed from the competition.
- You may enter the competition as many times as you want.
- If you enter the competition more than one time, do not use different names. You can use a pen-name if you wish, but stick to that name.
- Any entrant can opt to remove themselves from the competition prior to the closing date, but no later than that.
- The formatting of your writing piece should be 12 point, double-spaced. Page numbers should also be included.
- The length of your submitted piece should be from anywhere between 1,500 and 3,500 words.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but let them know via email so they do not mistake anything for plagiarism.
How To Apply
Submissions will close on January 1, 2023 (Berlin time). The longlist will be published 2 weeks later, on January 15, 2023. The shortlist will then be published a week later, on January 22 2023, with the winner being announced the following week, on January 29, 2023.
For more information, visit European Writing Prize.
The Application Deadline is 1st January 2023
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.