The Africa Center of Excellence for Water Management (ACEWM) is an initiative of the World Bank Group and the Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia through the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) Regional Center hosted by the Addis Ababa University (AAU).
The program is a full-time study and teaching takes place through lectures, seminars, and field-based studies. In addition, teaching may be conducted through video conferences and technology-enhanced learning approaches. The language of instruction through out the study is English.
Requirements for ACEWM MSc Program in Water Management
- All applicants’ undergraduate Cumulative GPA must not be less than 2.75 for males and not less than 2.50 for females on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants who have completed their degree/diploma from foreign universities(other than Ethiopia) are required to obtain their degree/diploma equivalent from the Ethiopian Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency(HERQA)before admission.(Academic documents authentication by the relevant office is mandatory during admission
- Applicants must have sufficient knowledge of the English language and provide proof of proficiency.
- The age limit at the time of application for M.Sc. applicants is 30 years or less.
- Applicants are required to take and pass the Graduate Admission Test (GAT) (http://www.aau.edu.et/blog/announcement-_-graduate-admission-test-gat/)
- Applicants need to meet also the general requirements laid down by the School of Graduate Studies, Addis Ababa University(www.aau.edu.et)
Aim and Benefits of ACEWM MSc Program in Water Management
- ACEWM will provide a limited number full scholarships for competent applicants: A monthly stipend of 500 USD(Equivalent amount paid in ETB).The stipend includes accommodation.
- ACEWM will have a modest funding to support the research projects of all applicants.
- ACEWM encourages applicants with their own funding.
Documents Required for Application
- A cover page containing applicant’s full name as it appears on applicant’s ID/Passport, full contact details including residential and postal address, email and telephone number(s),
- A copy of ID/Passport,
- Detailed curriculum vitae not exceeding 4 pages,
- Authenticated copies of previous degrees and official transcripts from previous university/college,
- Applicants should be willing to undertake their full-time research in Ethiopia.
- A personal statement/motivation letter describing the candidate’s interest to join the program not exceeding 500 words,
- Employed applicants must provide a letter of full commitment from their employers that they will be granted study leave.
- Certificate of professional experience if there is any,
- Three letters of recommendation from instructors/supervisors from previous educational institutions, organizations,
- Certificate of professional experience if there is any
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Africa Center of Excellence for Water Management (ACEWM) on form.jotform.com to apply
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
An electronic copy of the application documents in English and in a single PDF document shall be submitted to both of the following contacts:
To: Mr. Netsanet Assefa, Student Affairs Officer, ACEWM, E-mail: [email protected]
Dr. Beteley Tekola, Deputy Head, ACEWM, Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their emails.
For more details,visit ACEWM website
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.