Bill Gates Scholarship Program for Undergraduate Students 2023
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to exceptional student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Requirements and Qualifications for Bill Gates Scholarship Program Qualification
To apply, students must be:
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
*For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
Benefits of Bill Gates Scholarship Program
- Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance* that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
*Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
An ideal candidate will have:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
Semifinalist Phase: Dec – Jan 2022
Selection: Apr 2023
Awards: July – Sept 2023
How to Apply
To apply, go to The gate Scholarship on www.thegatesscholarship.org