Frontier Tech Solutions for Climate Action 2023: Call from UNICEF Venture Fund ($100K in equity-free investments)
Now accepting applications is the UNICEF Venture Fund Call for Frontier Tech Solutions for Climate Action 2023. The UNICEF Venture Fund is seeking to make equity-free investments of up to $100,000 to support for-profit technology start-ups that have the potential to combat climate change in their early stages.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
They are searching for startups that use cutting-edge technologies like drones, blockchain, extended reality, artificial intelligence, machine learning, or innovative data science. They invite you to submit if your product is registered in one of UNICEF’s program countries, has a working prototype with proven outcomes, and is (or is eligible to be) open-source licensed.
Frontier Tech Solutions for Climate Action Benefits
- Selected companies will receive $100,000 Equity Free Funding
Frontier Tech Solutions for Climate Action Eligibility
Only entities that fulfill these mandatory requirements will be eligible:
you must be registered as a private company in a UNICEF programme country;
- You are working on open source technology solutions or willing to be open-source under the following licenses or their equivalent: BSD, GNU, MIT (software), CERN, MIT, TAPR (hardware), or CC-BY (content);
- You have an existing prototype of the solution with promising results from initial pilots;
- Your solution has the potential to positively impact the lives of children.
Frontier Tech Solutions for Climate Action Evaluation Criteria
The following criteria will be used to evaluate the applicants:
- Relevance of solution for children and young people, problem-solution fit and potential for application at global scale
- Novelty of project and alignment with Innovation Principles
- Suitability of the team and key personnel to implement the project
- Project budget and financing
How To Apply for Frontier Tech Solutions for Climate Action
- Step I: Check Eligibility: Interested companies are required to check the eligibility of the Innovation Fund.
- Step II: Submit Application: Interested companies are required to submit an online application through the Fund website. You should provide the information and supporting documents indicated in the form.
- Step III: Submit Request for Proposal: The Innovation Fund reviews all applications and notifies companies of the decision. Shortlisted applicants are invited to submit a detailed proposal, this is called the Request for Proposal (RFP) step.
- Step IV: Demo Interview: After a careful review, companies shortlisted at the RFP step are invested for an online demo interview. This is usually a 30 minutes interview the with Innovation Fund team and experts from the tech teams.
- Step V: Final Result: Based on a complete assessment of the application, RFP and interview, the Innovation Fund makes the final investment decision and notifies all selected companies.
For more information, visit UNICEF Venture Fund.
The Application Deadline is Unspecified