START4AFRICA Residencies Program – Call for Hosts (up to €25,000)
STARTS4AFRICA is pleased to announce the call for hosts for the START4AFRICA Residencies Program, the first S+T+ARTS residency program fully dedicated to promote Sub-Saharan Africa innovation at the nexus of Science + Technology + Arts.
STARTS4AFRICA will fund 8 STARTS Residencies hosted by African institutions, in Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, DR Congo and Tanzania. STARTS4AFRICA is especially looking for entities based in one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, DR Congo, Senegal and Tanzania. Applicants must showcase the capacity and ability to provide support and resources such as access to various materials, technology and physical facilities. Additionally, applicants must show interest in the following topics:
- Food and Water
- Digital Mapping and Speculative Landscapes
- Culture and Coding
- Wearable Technology and Smart Textile
- Immersive Storytelling
- Rethinking Sustainable Construction
- Speculative Urbanism
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- STARTS4AFRICA is especially looking for entities based in one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, DR Congo, Senegal and Tanzania.
- To be considered, applicants must:
- Be based in one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, DR Congo, Senegal and Tanzania;
- be a public or private organisation with legal personality , e.g. not-for-profit organisations (private or public); public authorities (national, regional, local); international organisations; profit-making entities.
- be a legal entity established on or before 2020;
- be from the scientific or technological sector (such as research centres, universities, technological companies) with strong connections to the Cultural and Creative Sectors and Industries (CCSI);
- or be from CCSI with an established network and access to scientific and technological entities/projects;
- have the capacity (i.e. facilities, services, staff) to host and provide guidance to a STARTS4AFRICA residency.
Duration and Benefits
- Possibility to experiment new methodologies and engage in innovative co-creation processes with an artist(s);
- Opportunity to network with esteemed experts from both Europe and Africa;
- Enhanced visibility and opportunities to participate in large-scale public events (such as, Ars Electronica Festival in Austria)
- Join the growing S+T+ARTS Network and take an active role in the strengthening of the innovation ecosystems in Africa.
- Contract fee: STARTS4AFRICA will enter into contracts with selected host institutions through a subcontracting process. Host institutions will be remunerated with an amount of €25,000. The payments will be made in Euros (€). Additionally, the host institutions will bear any costs associated with the currency exchange.
- The contract will foresee the following payment scheme, reflecting three instalments:
- [Month 1] First instalment following the signature of the contract by both parties: 30%;
- [Month 4] Second instalment – following the submission and validation of a mid-term assessment (technical and financial): 40%; and,
- [Month 7] Final instalment – following the conclusion meeting and submission and validation of a final report (technical and financial): 30%.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the button below or click this link
Deadline: 13th September, 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.