Study In China: 2022 Kochi University of Technology Special Scholarship for International Students
Open to: Graduates, Innovators, International Students, Post Graduates, Researchers, Scientists, Tech
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
The Kochi University of Technology Special Scholarship is currently open for interested and qualified candidates pursuing a postgraduate degree in China.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The Kochi University of Technology Special Scholarship is a fully-funded prestigious award covering the full cost of tuition ($6,510/year) and a $13,548 annual stipend.
The scholarship award comes also with a $1,129 travel and relocation cost, as well as a $2,478 enrollment and entrance examination fee.
The Kochi University of Technology (KUT) Special Scholarship Program (SSP) on research projects in the field of Engineering for International Doctoral applicants, Japan 2023/2024.
The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the advanced research of the university by enlisting the help of highly capable students especially students from foreign countries. Every year in April and October, the university enrolls selected doctoral students for specific research projects.
The students pursue the doctoral course in English (excl. Japanese students) while at the same time assisting their host professor as a research assistant (RA). Through this program KUT wishes to expand and deepen international ties with academic and educational institutions all over the world.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- have or be scheduled to acquire a master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date
- be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment
- have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities
- the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects
- have high English proficiency
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Scholarship recipient benefits;
- Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee
- To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid as salary for research project work.
*You must pay some amount of taxes from this salary.
- 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs. (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
- A copy of an email or other communication which clearly shows that the leader of the intending applicant’s preferred project has given the intending applicant permission to apply for that SSP project
- Signed pre-application request
- Original bachelor’s degree academic transcript
- Original master’s degree academic transcript
- Original master’s degree certificate in English or Japanese
- A copy of the intending applicant’s master’s thesis in English
- Research Outline
- Two signed recommendation letters in English or Japanese
- Original certificate of health in English or Japanese issued within the past 6 months
- Certificate of English ability
How To Apply
- Choose one research project from the SSP Research Project List
- Send a completed Pre-Application Request to the leader of your preferred project by e-mail and obtain the leader’s permission to apply for that SSP project. Only one pre-application request should be sent to the leader of a project during a given enrollment period. The project leader’s email address is provided in the project’s description. Please note that a project leader may not contact you in the case where your pre-application request is rejected.
- When you obtain the permission of the project leader, complete all required documents and submit them to KUT by post. The documents must reach KUT by the deadline.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the apply button below to commend their application.