Study In Finland: 2022/2023 University of Helsinki International Scholarship
Open to: Graduates, International Students, Post Graduates
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
Login / Register
Start an application for the University of Helsinki International Scholarship to get a full fee waiver to study in Finland. The University of Helsinki is pleased to announce its Full-tuition waiver program for qualifying international scholarship enrolling for the 2022/2023 academic session. Some of the awards are fully-funded grants made available by external donors and a full-tuition fee cover.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
This scholarship is highly competitive and applicable for international students who wish to pursuit a masters degree program at the University.
Details of University of Helsinki International Scholarship 2022
Scholarships are intended for excellent students from outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland who want to complete a Master’s programme at the University of Helsinki. The duration of the scholarship is two years. For all scholarships, students are required to study full time (earn at least 55 ECTS per year) to fulfil the requirements of the scholarship. After the first study year, the progress of your studies will be checked and, depending on your progress, the scholarship will be continued.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Interested applicants are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for Full Tuition University of Helsinki International Scholarship in Finland
- Applicants must be international students.
- You are eligible for the Master’s programme at the University of Helsinki.
- You are liable for tuition fees: Citizens of non-EU/EEA countries who do not have permanent residence status in the EU/EEA area are liable for tuition fees. You can check the FAQ at the Studyinfo website as to whether or not you are required to pay tuition fees.
- You meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for Finland.
- You have obtained excellent results in your previous studies and can prove this in your application.
The scholarships for new students will be awarded on the basis of academic overall assessment: Previous academic performance and possible letters of motivation, in addition to which the grounds presented by applicants in their grant applications will be taken into consideration.
You may receive a scholarship only in a category you have applied for, but you can apply for more than one scholarship category.
- The Master’s programme conducts an academic assessment of your degree application and your scholarship application.
- The Master’s programme makes a proposal to the Scholarship Committee concerning the scholarship application.
- The Scholarship Committee makes the final decision on the scholarship.
If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive an official acceptance letter with information about your scholarship status.
- Fully Funded Grant (Tuition fee + 10 000 EUR)
- Full Tuition fee Grant
Student Union (HYY) membership fee including
- free or highly affordable health care services by the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS)
- student meal discounts in Unicafe restaurants
- reductions in public transport
- Unisport services at low prices.
- The University of Helsinki offers all scholarship winners the option to take part in the University of Helsinki Student Ambassador Programme.
How To Apply
To be part of this award for Full Tuition University of Helsinki International Scholarship in Finland, candidates are required to find the Master’s programme you want to apply to through the Degree Finder
See the instructions on how to apply to the Master’s programme and prepare the necessary attachments.
Apply for a scholarship with the same application form used to apply to the Master’s programme.
Submit all the required attachments.
The Application Deadline is 4th November 2022