Study In Germany: 2022 Robert and Christine Danizger Scholarships for African Students
The 2022 Robert and Christine Danizger Scholarships are now open for interested and qualified students willing to pursue a postgraduate degree in Germany.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The scholarship is worth €14,400 in annual grants for the successful candidates at Heidelberg University to pursue a doctoral degree.
The Heidelberg university in Germany wants to support talented young people from African countries wishing to come to the University to start and successfully complete a Master’s degree or a doctorate.
The Robert and Christine Danizger Scholarship is awarded to very good up-and-coming doctoral students from Africa (primarily from Ghana or another country in West and Central Africa) who are planning a doctorate at Heidelberg University in the fields of Geoinformatics (or Political Science) and who need help with funding their doctorate.
In the new 2021 QS World University Rankings by Subject, Heidelberg University has performed outstandingly in the subject area of Life Sciences & Medicine. Ranked 34th internationally, it tops the list of German universities.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Be a very good up-and-coming student from Africa (primarily from Ghana or another country in West and Central Africa)
- have performed very well in your studies and are planning to apply for a Master’s programme at Heidelberg University in one of the following fields:
- Geography with a focus on Geoinformatics
- Political Science
- Be planning to move to Germany for a doctorate at Heidelberg University, on-site, or do you already live in Germany since you are currently attending a language course to acquire the required language skills.
- Be in need of scholarship aid to fund your doctorate.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The amount of the scholarship for doctoral students is 1,200 € per month totaling €14,400 annually.
- The award period is generally 2 semesters. An extension is possible on request and if all requirements are met (academic performance, financial hardship, availability of funds) for a maximum period of 2 semesters.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Signed application form
- University diploma that qualifies for a doctorate (original certificate) including the final grade as well as an official translation in German or English
- an official conversion of the diploma to the German grading system.
- Confirmation of acceptance of the doctorate
- Curriculum vitae in table form
- Letter of motivation with reference to the topic of the doctorate
- Recommendation letter from a university instructor in the specific field
- Proof of citizenship
- Self-disclosure of revenue and expenditure (part of the application form)
- Evidence confirming the financial situation (pay slip of the parents, own wage slips etc.)
How To Apply
Please send your application documents by email to [email protected].
If your university diploma is not available by the end of the application period, it is sufficient to submit a provisional certificate from the university confirming your academic performance, so far (ideally with a grade of all examinations, so far), that states that you expect to complete your course of study by the start of the semester following the application period.
Please note that you have to submit your missing certificate by the start of the lecture period.