Study In Hungry: 2023 Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarships For International Students
Open to: Graduates, International Students, Post Graduates, Researchers, Undergraduates
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme is now open for international applicants across the globe. The Scholarship was launched in 2013 by the Hungarian Government with the aim of providing opportunities for foreign students to pursue their higher education studies in Hungary.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The core mission of the programme is to increase the number of international students in Hungary and to encourage Hungarian higher education institutions to attract top foreign students.
The scholarship program offers both full-degree and partial study opportunities in the three-cycle degree structure (bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programmes), mostly in the English language, however, other foreign language study programmes are also available in the frame of the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme.
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Details:
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holders are encouraged to focus on their academic advancement during their stay in Hungary, as all their tuition fees are covered, and their accommodation and living costs are supported as well. Upon finishing their studies, a European degree in hand provides graduates with a wide range of opportunities in the global job market.
Since 2013, the number of Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holders has grown significantly, at the same time increasing the ratio of self-paying international students in Hungarian universities. Between 2013 and 2019, the ratio of international students studying in Hungarian higher education institutions has doubled, and the ratio of Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holders among them has quadrupled.
As a result, the number of study programmes taught in foreign language(s) has tripled in Hungarian universities since 2015.
To be considered for the Scholarship, you must:
- You can apply if you are from one of the eligible countries.
- In order to apply for a bachelor’s degree, you must have a secondary school graduation certificate.
- You should also have excellent academic records.
- The candidate for a master’s degree must have a bachelor’s degree.
- To be eligible for a doctoral degree, candidates should have a master’s degree.
- If you are applying for a non-degree or one-tier program, the sending/home university must issue you a certificate of student status.
- Candidate nominations should be made by the responsible authorities in Sending partner countries.
- You can find detailed information on the eligibility criteria on the Stipendium Hungaricum official website.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
For B.A/M.A, One Tier Masters, Non-Degree Programs:
- Tuition-free education
- The monthly amount of HUF 43,700 (cca EUR 120) for 12 months.
- In addition, the program will provide free dormitory accommodations or an accommodation allowance of 40,000 HUF per month (it does not cover the full cost of living).
- Medical insurance is provided for up to HUF 65,000 (cca EUR 180) for 12 months per person.
For PhD in Hungary:
- Tuition-free education
- The monthly amount of HUF 140,000 (cca EUR 390) for the first phase of 4 semesters.
- The monthly amount of HUF 180,000 (cca EUR 500) for the second phase of 4 semesters until the completion of studies.
- During the entire duration of the program, free dormitory accommodation or an accommodation allowance of HUF 40,000 per month will be provided (it does not cover the full cost of living).
- Each person is provided with medical insurance worth up to HUF 65,000 (EUR 180) for a period of 12 months.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Online application form.
- National ID card or Passport Copy
- Motivational Letter
- Medical certificate.
- Academic Transcripts.
- Proof of Language proficiency.
- School certificates.
- Portfolio & Audio Portfolio (for Art and Music applicants only).
How To Apply
Interested applicants should apply using the link below.
- Applications must be made online via the website of the Tempus Public Foundation.
- Once applicants have registered, they will be able to access the application system and upload the required documents.