The 2022 Korean Government KOICA Scholarship Program has opened applications for international students willing, qualified and interested in pursuing a postgraduate degree in Korean universities.
The scholarship offers a fully-funded award to selected candidates in terms of full tuition fees, accommodation, meals and travel expenses.
The Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) was established as a governmental agency dedicated to providing grant aid programs for the Korean government in April 1991. KOICA endeavors to combat poverty and support the sustainable socio-economic growth of partner countries.
Scholarship Details of 2022 Korean Government KOICA Scholarship Program:
Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) is offering a scholarship program for students from developing countries to undertake full-time postgraduate study at participating Korean universities.
The fields of study are targeted to address the agreed development needs of partner countries, such as International Development, Women and Development, Public Policy, Fishery Science, Agriculture, and Rural Development, etc., in line with Korea’s bilateral aid program.
Scholarship Requirements for 2022 Korean Government KOICA Scholarship Program:
To be considered for the Korean Government KOICA Scholarship Program, you must:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- (Preferably) Be under age 40 as of February 1, 2022.
- Be a citizen of the Scholarship Program target country
- Be a government official, an employee in the public sector, or a researcher in a state institute working in his/her home country with a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Be nominated by his or her government.
- Have sufficient command of both spoken & written English to take classes conducted entirely in English and to write academic reports and a thesis in English.
- Have a positive attitude and a strong will to get adjusted to a multicultural environment and to understand the hosting country’s culture.
- Have good moral characteristics to endure student life on campus.
- Be in good health, both physically and mentally, to undergo the program.
- Pregnancy is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participating in this program.
- Having tuberculosis or any kind of contagious disease is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participation in this program.
- Have not previously received a scholarship or participated in a scholarship program, including a KOICA Scholarship Program, from the Korean government.
In addition to the above general eligibility criteria, applicants must also meet specific eligibility criteria imposed by each course. (Please refer to the “Program Information” of each program.
For example, only women can apply for the course of “Capacity Development of Women Leadership” at Ewha Womans University).
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Air travel fare: Economy class, round-trip airfare via the most direct route to and from Korea
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation (mainly the dormitory of a training institute)Living allowance
- Textbooks and materials
- Study visits, field trips, etc. during the program
- A medical check up after entry into the program
- Overseas traveler’s health insurance: Expenses for medical treatments and hospital care due to diseases or accidents within the scope and limit of insurance coverage.
How To Apply
KOICA Headquarters receives applications only through diplomatic channels, which means that one cannot send application documents directly to KOICA Headquarters or universities.
For application guidelines and available course lists, please refer to the program information of each course that is available to access via KOICA.
- There are usually two selection rounds annually.
- There are two rounds for each selection: the document review and the telephone interview (an “essay test” may be included in some cases).
- After being nominated by his/her government, the applicant should submit the application package to the KOICA office or the Embassy of Korea in his/her country.
The Application Deadline is 10th May 2022
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.