Study in Netherlands: 2022 Leiden University Minerva Scholarship Fund
Leiden University is making available numerous scholarships to both domestic and international students through the Minerva Scholarship Fund. Students applying to study in the Netherlands, and indeed, at Leiden University stand the chance to be awarded this scholarship. Students of all disciplines are welcome to apply.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The Minerva Scholarship Fund Foundation aims to provide scholarships for study and research projects within various fields of study. In particular, the MSF strives to fund exceptional and exclusive student projects, both in the Netherlands and abroad. The Minerva Scholarship Fund is an initiative of the Leiden Minerva Student Association.
Details About Leiden University Minerva Scholarship for International Students
Since 2009, the Minerva Scholarship Fund Foundation (MSF) has provided Leiden University students of all disciplines with scholarships for study and research projects. The MSF also strives to support exceptional student projects overseas.
Minerva Scholarship Fund Foundation (MSF) recognizes the following faculties for the scholarship awards:
Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON)
Eligibility Criteria For Leiden University Minerva Scholarship for International Students
To be eligible for Leiden University Minerva Scholarship Fund for International Students, you are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants from all nationalities
- Applicants must enroll in a full-time program
- Applicants are registered as Bachelors or Master students at Leiden University.
- You do not need to be a member of L.S.V. Minerva.
- The application pertains to an exceptional or prestigious study or research project in the Netherlands or abroad.
- The project falls into one of the following categories: internship, study, or research. Ph.D. tracks and complete Master programs are not eligible.
How To Apply
Download an application form from here.
- Complete the form.
- Check you have all the required documents.
- Submit your complete application dossier to the address provided, before the deadline.
The allocation committee (consisting of Leiden lecturers from various disciples) will evaluate all applications on the basis of predetermined criteria. During the evaluation process, attention is given to the relevance of the research and how it will contribute to the advancement of academic knowledge. You will be informed (max.) one month after the application deadline whether you have been awarded a scholarship.
The Application Deadline is 15th April and 15th December 2022