Study In Romania: 2023 Romania Government Scholarships for International Students
Open to: Graduates, International Students, Post Graduates, Researchers, Undergraduates
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
The Romania Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs offers Scholarships to foreign citizens to study for Undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral Degrees for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries.
Only candidates having good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school, of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case, are eligible.
2023 Romania Government Scholarships Details:
The scholarships are granted for three levels of study:
- for the first cycle (licenta): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university systems, as well as to candidates who require the equivalent of partial studies and the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta);
- for the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post-graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation;
- for the 3rd cycle (doctorate) the scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must be:
Citizens of non-EU countries (irrespective of their residence) are eligible to apply. Priority is given to citizens from non-EU states with which Romania does not have cultural and education cooperation agreements.
Notes: Language of Study: To promote the Romanian language and culture, the Ministry of National Education has decided that the beneficiaries of the scholarships should study only in the Romanian language. The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered one supplementary preparatory year to study the language. Students who declare they know the Romanian languag
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Free-of-charge tuition
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students hostels, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing :
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for undergraduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle.
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for postgraduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
These scholarships do not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates must be prepared to support personally any other additional expenses.
The required documents include
- Birth certificate and
- Passport, CV – all described in the application process.
How To Apply
To get all the necessary information about the scholarships (conditions, necessary documents, enrolment calendar) and to submit their application files, the candidates should apply directly to:
- the Romanian diplomatic missions accredited to the candidate’s country of origin or of residence or to
- the diplomatic mission of the candidate’s state of origin accredited to Bucharest
The scholarship application can be sent ONLY through the Study in Romania platform.
The Application Deadline is 1st March 2023