Study In Scotland: 2022 Government of Scotland Saltire Scholarships for International Students
Open to: Graduates, International Students, Post Graduates, Researchers
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
The 2022 Government of Scotland Saltire Scholarships has commenced receiving applications from interested and qualified candidates willing to pursue a one-year Master’s degree programme in Europe.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The scholarship is an incredible opportunity to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence.
With international airports close by and a host of European cities a short flight away, Scotland is the perfect base to explore the best locations in Europe. Scotland’s fantastic pedigree in education, coupled with its vast history, makes it a fantastic place for any international student to study and call home.
Scholarship Details of 2022 Government of Scotland Saltire Scholarships:
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships is a programme of scholarships offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities and colleges.
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are an incredible opportunity to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence. Our chosen scholars are people who aspire to become influential leaders in their future careers. They have wide-ranging interests outside their studies and a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
Scholarship Requirements for 2022 Government of Scotland Saltire Scholarships:
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland (where this is applicable) and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously studied in Scotland.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.Maintain a standard of conduct that will uphold the good reputation of the Saltire Scholarship Programme and the institution at which they study.
- Actively participate in the programme’s extra-curricular events. Scholars will participate in a welcome reception and an end-of-year conference. (Scholars may be excused from attending in the event of exceptional circumstances).
- Support communications activity promoting Scotland and Scottish higher education, based on their own experience. This might include:
- Posting on social media about their time and experience in Scotland.
- Being available for an interview (including on camera) during either the welcome or end-of-year event, granting Scottish Government and the relevant university the right to use the text and footage indefinitely.
- Agree that the Scottish Government can use any photographs, blogs, quotes etc in connection with your Saltire Scholarship participation for marketing purposes.
- Be a citizen of the following countries: Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan, and the USA.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The scheme offers up to 50 awards, each worth £8000, towards tuition fees for any one year of full-time study on a postgraduate Master’s programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
- Saltire Scholars will also have the opportunity to take part in a programme of activities over and above their studies, including dialogue with the academic and business community in Scotland.
- As one of our Saltire Scholars, you’ll act as an ambassador not only for the Saltire Scholarships programme, but also for Scotland.