Study In Scotland: 2023 British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships
Applications are invited for the SGSAH Earth Scholarships for PhD and Early Researchers in Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Mathematics.
The Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities (SGSAH) is the world’s first national graduate school in the Arts & Humanities, established in 2014 with a mission to work in partnership to offer unparalleled training and support to doctoral researchers in Scotland.
In addition to supporting sustainable research and cultural exchanges within and outside the arts, humanities, and cultural sectors, the program will foster opportunities for international mobility and research that will help develop and support new approaches to address the global challenge of the climate crisis.
Scholarship Details of British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH:
The British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships is a programme run by SGSAH with funding from the British Council to enable international research collaborations between PhD and Early Career Researchers and Scottish HEIs and Scotland-based academic mentors, and external organisations, thematically focused on environmental arts and humanities and their interdisciplinary connections.
The scholarships will take place between March and July 2023 (including a compulsory, in-person cohort training programme in April 2023). Scholarship proposals can be structured to further existing work being undertaken as a PhD or postdoctoral project, or be a discrete, standalone project which nonetheless furthers the knowledge base, networks and expertise of the researcher. The scholarship can also be structured as the researcher joining and furthering an existing project at the Host Institution.
A range of outcomes and outputs are anticipated, depending on the nature of the
The EARTH Scholarships will take advantage of and be located within three geographically and thematically structured Clusters, which will offer research placements, training and development opportunities for researchers, and contribute to cohort training in April 2023. The Clusters will enable:
- Wider awareness and study of environmental arts and humanities disciplines in the Scottish context
- Interdisciplinary working within and beyond the arts and humanities (STEAM)
- Field trips and engagement with other scholars, practitioners and professionals
- Access to arts and cultural sector organisations, resources, expertise and experience in different geographical contexts, including urban and rural areas.
To be considered for the SGSAH, you must:
- Be a current PhD researcher in the Arts & Humanities registered at any non-UK university
- Be an ECR in the Arts & Humanities who graduated from any non-UK university
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship is fully funded with the Research period will running between March-July 2023
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form (to be completed online)
- A full research proposal
- CV of up to 4pp
- A budget and justification of resources
- A letter of support of up to 2pp from Head of Department or equivalent of the proposed Host Institution
- A letter of support from your PhD supervisor (up to 2pp)
How To Apply
SGSAH will not accept late applications where there has been a systems failure at the applicant’s end (e.g failure of internet connection). For this reason, applicants are strongly advise to complete the application process at least 48 hours in advance of the deadline.
Notification of application outcomes will be sent to applicants by Monday, 12 December 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the link below.
The Application Deadline is 7th November 2022
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
- How to Win Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Study Loan Sources for International Students
- Free IELTS Study Materials | Download for offline use
- How to Live and Study in UK for International Students
- How to Live and Study in USA for International Students
- Prepare yourself with Recruitment, Interview & Aptitude Tests.
You must log in to post a comment.