The University of Aberdeen is currently offering a postgraduate scholarship to eligible and interested international students willing to study in the UK.
The University of Aberdeen Postgraduate Scholarship provides a full tuition fee waiver and a maintenance stipend of £6,000 per year for a period of 3 years.
As the fifth oldest University in the UK, the University of Aberdeen combines ancient tradition with the best in modern teaching and learning facilities.
The University of Aberdeen Postgraduate Scholarship is a competitive scholarship that is open to prospective PhD applicants from around the globe, providing a full tuition fee waiver and a maintenance stipend of £6,000 per year.
The project will use the latest tools of social epistemology and virtue epistemology in order to put our understanding of online inquiry and information sharing on an entirely new footing, to better understand the sources of online epistemic risk, and to better train ourselves to navigate them skillfully.
To be considered for the University of Aberdeen Postgraduate Scholarship, you must:
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- Be of outstanding academic merit and potential for independent research, as evidenced by the candidate’s academic record, prior qualifications, proposal, and references.
- Hold, or expect to hold prior to commencement of studies, an undergraduate degree at UK first-class or 2:1 honours level, or the international equivalent, in philosophy, which includes courses in epistemology.
- It is preferable but not a requirement that you hold a master’s relevant to your chosen area of study. Other factors such as financial status and nationality are not taken into account.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The scholarship is open to applicants from around the globe, providing a full tuition fee waiver and a maintenance stipend of £6,000 per year.
- Subject to satisfactory progress this scholarship will be awarded for 3 years.
- The successful applicant shall commence study in September 2022.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form
- Detailed research proposal (1000-1500 words)
- Degree transcripts and certificates
- Two academic references
How To Apply
Before you apply, please contact the supervisor by email to discuss your potential fit with the project, how your own research interests will benefit the project, and how you intend to frame your research proposal.
You must include a detailed research proposal (1000-1500 words) that sets out how you will engage with the advertised PhD project, degree transcripts, and certificates, and be supported by two academic references. Further guidance on the research proposal may be found here.
You should mark your application “Digital Knowledge-A New Framework for Digital Epistemic Virtues A New Framework for Digital Epistemic Virtues” in the Intended Source of Funding field on your online application.
Click on the apply button below to commence your application.
The Application Deadline is 30th June 2022
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.