Study In UK: 2023 GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders in sub-Saharan Africa
Open to: Graduates, International Students, Post Graduates, Researchers, Scientists
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders is awarded to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based (face-to-face) programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
This scholarship opportunity is offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health, and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is renowned for its research, postgraduate studies and continuing education in public and global health.
LSHTM has an international presence and collaborative ethos. It is uniquely placed to help shape health policy and translate research findings into tangible impact.
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is a public research university on Keppel Street, Bloomsbury, Camden, and a constituent college of the University of London that specialises in public health and tropical medicine.
- Be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM;
- Confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study by submitting the supplementary questions form with tick-box checked;
- Meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements;
- Hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level; and
- Hold an offer of admission for 2023-24 for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based MSc programmes of study.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees; and
- A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 19,500.00.
How To Apply
The application process has two steps. To be considered for the funding, applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete both steps outlined below by the scholarship deadline of 23:59 (GMT) on Wednesday 01 March 2023.
Step 1: Submit an application for 2023-24 for a London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page.
Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option ‘2023-24 GSK Scholarship for Future Health Leaders’ from the drop-down menu. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).