University College London Bartlett Promise Scholarship for African Students is open to applicants who are nationals and residents of a Bartlett-approved list of Sub-Saharan African countries who have admission to a Bartlett master’s program.
The Bartlett Promise aims to enable students from backgrounds that are underrepresented in The Bartlett, to pursue studies at The Bartlett, UCL’s Faculty of the Built Environment.
Prospective students who are nationals of Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Republic of Congo, Cote D’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- be a national of one of The Bartlett’s approved list 2 of Sub-Saharan African (SSA) countries and resident in an eligible SSA country
- must not hold a British or dual British citizenship
- have an offer of admission to a Bartlett master’s programme for study in 2023/24 which is either unconditional or conditional only on English language
- be in financial need as assessed by UCL 3
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Full overseas tuition fees and an annual allowance of £16,008 to cover living and study expenses for the normal duration of the program at UCL.
- In addition: a flight to and from the UK; UK study visa costs; English language assessment costs; health test costs; and the NHS Immigration Health Supplement charge.
- 100 Bartlett Master’s application fee waivers worth £90 each are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All Promise scholars will also receive on-going academic and career support during their study.
We will consider your educational, personal and financial circumstances. You will need to demonstrate these in your application. Assessment of applications will be made in relation to the eligibility criteria.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
|Step||What to do||When|
|1.||Apply for admission to a Bartlett master’s programme||From 17 October 2022|
|2.||Apply for one of 100 master’s application fee waivers||From 24 October 2022|
|3.||Receive an admission letter for a Bartlett master’s programme||From December 2022|
|4.||Apply for a Bartlett Promise Sub-Saharan Africa Scholarship||15 February to 31 March 2023|
Please note: to be eligible for The Bartlett Promise Sub Saharan Africa Master’s Scholarship, candidates must have an offer of a place on a Bartlett master’s programme. Those who are considering applying for the scholarship for 2023/24 are advised to review The Bartlett master’s programmes by department and identify the programme that they would be interested in studying.
How To Apply
Applications to Bartlett master’s programmes open on 17 October 2022. We strongly advise you to apply early. To apply for the scholarship, you must have received an offer of admission to a Bartlett master’s programme by 31 March 2023. UCL aims to make a decision on applications within 6 weeks of receiving your completed application, academic transcripts and both references.
However, please note it can take 3-4 months when application volumes are high. You are strongly recommended to apply early; a 6 week turn around cannot be guaranteed.
The Application Deadline is 31st March 2023
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.