2022 Grooming Centre Undergraduate and Postgraduate Grants for Young Nigerians
Open to: Graduates, Nigerians, Post Graduates, Researchers, Undergraduates, Youths
👤 Subscribe on WhatsApp
Applications are ongoing for the 2022 Grooming Centre Undergraduate and Postgraduate Grants for eligible Nigerians.
Receive Weekly Offers
Follow the guide on landing page
The 2022 University Grant will be awarded to 100 Undergraduate and 50 Postgraduate students who are presently studying in Nigerian higher institutions.
The aim of the scheme, which is the third in the series, is to catalyze research and knowledge development in the areas of microfinance, rural development, inclusive finance, social enterprise, MSME and women in development.
The Governing Council and Management of the Grooming People for Better Livelihood Centre (Grooming Centre), a leading Microfinance Institution in Nigeria, is currently accepting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the Grooming Centre University Grant Scheme for the academic year 2022.
The objective of the programme, which is the third in a series, is to stimulate research and the expansion of existing knowledge in the areas of microfinance, rural development, inclusive finance, social enterprise, micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSME), and women’s participation in the development process.
To be considered for the IMES, you must satisfy the following:
- The applicant must be either a student at the undergraduate or postgraduate level in a Nigerian tertiary institution whose research study covers any of such areas as financial inclusion, microfinance, rural development, social enterprise, MSMEs, technological development, women in development or any other research that is aimed at lifting people out of poverty.
- Research Areas
- The focus of the research study must be relevant to the Nigerian context, practical, innovative and should be capable of promoting any of the above areas of interest, in the Nigerian space.
- The applicant must be a student at a NUC/NBTE-approved Nigerian university or polytechnic.
- The applicant must submit a written and signed recommendation from his/her project supervisor.
- The research must show a high level of originality, and imaginative thought and be data inclusive.
- (There are no age, gender, religious or ethnic barriers to application).
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The 2022 University Grant will be awarded to 100 Undergraduate and 50 Postgraduate students who are presently carrying out their research studies in the areas of either microfinance, rural development, inclusive finance, social enterprise, MSME and women in development.
- The applicant must submit a research concept of between10-15 pages which will include an introduction, literature review, research methodology including references and a page of the candidate’s personal profile.
- The candidate will also submit a final soft copy of the research project on completion of the study. (See Abstract for Guide).