Oxfam Young Leaders Fellowship Programme: Oxfam International will launch the fellowship for the first cohort of fellows this year with Asia Centre as the implementing partner. The fellowship will fund eight young people to work on an idea of their choice which could strengthen civic space in their country or address concerns of rising inequality, climate change, gender justice and social justice.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
The programme will provide tools to empower young people with hands-on training and close mentorship to strengthen their capacity to make social change happen. Oxfam senior staff and its partners will mentor and provide guidance to the fellows to develop their leadership skills, help them execute their projects, and widen access to regional, local and global civil society and advocacy networks.
- Are you a feminist activist challenging patriarchy and social norms and have innovative ideas for gender justice?
- Are you an artist, writer/storyteller, photo journalist or videographer capturing and disseminating peoples stories for freedom and social justice?
- Are you a freelance journalist, digital media activist/practitioner aspiring to promote democratic values and civic space, ensuring data justice and digital rights?
- Are you a technology enthusiast aspiring to ensure digital technologies advance gender equality, social justice and civic space without compromising individual privacy and freedom?
- Are you a grassroots activist, community organizer believing in peoples power to bring social change?
- Are you leading small business leader or climate change activist trying to promote inclusive and responsible business and striving that both governments and business care for climate change?
Then this fellowship is designed for you!
Benefits for Oxfam Young Leaders Fellowship Programme
- International learning opportunity and exposure
- Fixed fellowship amount to be paid quarterly basis and an annual fixed amount for project execution
- Opportunity to be mentored by experienced international professionals in various fields
- Opportunity to work with Oxfam Leadership and cohorts from different regions
- Support to independently organise smaller network for influencing and campaigning
- An opportunity to understand and learn about the United Nations, Multi-lateral institutions and international development sector
Eligibility for Oxfam Young Leaders Fellowship Programme
Prospective young fellows must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 27 or below
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries with an Oxfam office: Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong-SAR, India, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal,
- Pakistan, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam
- A postgraduate degree with exceptional leadership quality and talents
- Those with professional graduate degrees and experience of working with civic organization and civic spaces will also be considered
- Commitment to human rights, civic rights, and gender rights
- A keen interest to work on issues related economic inequality, climate justice, gender rights, data justice and digital rights, and strengthening civic rights and spaces
- Ability to design and implement a project independently
- Those with background in digital technology, management, media, and development are encouraged to apply
- Women and people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply
Fellows Deliverables for Oxfam Young Leaders Fellowship Programme
- Propose, co-design, and complete a 9-month long project on a subject of their choice related to issues of civic activism, social justice, gender justice, climate justice or inequality
- Organize a network of at least 50 young people committed to civic space and rights in the chosen country – online and offline. Providing leadership training support to young people
- Dedicate a minimum of 40 hours per month towards implementing the proposed project for a period of 9 months
- Attend an in-person training workshop for 5 days in Bangkok
- Periodically report progress and challenges to mentors
- The fellows will be required to submit their work for external publication on the “Civic Asia” website and identify opportunities to populate the website
- Work closely with Oxfam in the hosting country
Language Proficiency for Oxfam Young Leaders Fellowship Programme
English language competency is preferred for the fellows to be able to engage with all aspects of digital platforms and Oxfam resources. Competency in local languages will be an added advantage.
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
Candidates must submit their resume, letter of motivation, and a project pitch for the duration of the fellowship via this Google Form.
Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by a panel of judges with the criteria (see Judging Criteria below) to select eight young fellows who will participate in the program.
Click the link below to apply to this program:
Kindly share this opportunity with and others. Thank you.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.