GIST Scholarship 2022-2023 invites applications from talented students and researchers to pursue their MS, PhD, or MS leading to PhD at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea. GIST’s scholarship programs provide international students with an excellent opportunity to create a strong research base for the advancement of science and technology. Students who participate in South Korea’s best scholarship program will have the opportunity to collaborate and promote foreign and domestic research programs in the industrial and academic sectors.
The GIST fully funded international scholarship recipients gain world-class scientific and technical knowledge and skills by participating in research-oriented projects and courses. GIST scholarship in South Korea is an initiative of the university in partnership with the South Korean Ministry of Science and Technology. The ministry provides students with full financial support as an incentive to encourage the development of scientific technologists and encourage further innovation. Students can pursue multiple fields of study within science, technology, and research at the university.
The GIST university offers programs in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Material Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Earth Science, and Environmental Engineering, as well as in Life Sciences, Physics, Photonics, Chemistry, Biomedical Science, Nanobio Materials, and Integrated Technology.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more scholarships and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
GIST was founded in 1993 by the Korean Government and since then it has been home to world-class scholars and scientists. The GIST is the first national university of Korea to establish a comprehensive and foundational science curriculum based on an innovative educational system. GIST has been ranked 1st among South Korea’s top universities for the number of citations of professors and 4th on the QS World University Rankings.
Financial Benefits of the GIST Scholarship Program 2022-2023:
- Tuition fee waiver, 3,415,000 won per semester.
- M.S. students: 140,000 won per month
- PhD students: 295,000 won per month
- Health Insurance
- Flight reimbursement
- Research assistantship will be provided to those students who participate in research projects.
List of Available Programs:
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Life Science
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
- Department of Chemistry
- School of Integrated Technology
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for the GIST International Scholarship Program 2022-2023:
- All international students are eligible to apply for the GIST Scholarship 2022-2023.
- Applicants applying for the Master’s program must hold a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree.
- Applicants applying for the PhD program must hold a master’s or equivalent degree.
- Statement on Application Documents Submission (Form1)
- Official transcripts & certificates.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- English proficiency test
- Candidate Passport Copy
The application deadline to apply for the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology Scholarship 2022-2023 in Korea for international students is April 15, 2022.
How To Apply for the GIST Scholarship 2022?
- Scholarship applications for the GIST South Korea program must be submitted online.
- GIST online applications need to be filled out carefully by all candidates to be successful.
- Applicants must attach copies of all required documents.
- You will receive notification once your application has been evaluated and confirmed by the International Admissions Coordinator.
- Following notification, you must further complete the enrollment process by submitting the required documents in hard copies and by paying the Matriculation Fee. (Please note that students with financial difficulties can waive the matriculation fee).
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless verified by you.