The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) is a Multilateral Financial Institution established for the purposes of financing and promoting intra and extra African trade. The shareholders comprise African governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African private and institutional investors.
💡 Hey, here is the best time to show the world what you do and sell. Let's advertise you to our 9,500+ subscribers over 40+ active WhatsApp & Telegram groups and channels! CONTACT US NOW to verify our massive reach and start.
The Bank was established under the twin constitutive instruments of an Agreement signed by member states and multilateral organizations which confers the status of an international organisation on the Bank, as well as a charter, governing its corporate structure and operations and signed by all shareholders.
The Bank is headquartered in Cairo, Egypt and currently operates branches in Harare, Zimbabwe (opened in November 1996); in Abuja, Nigeria (opened in January 2003); in Abidjan, Ivory Coast (opened in 2015) and Nairobi, Kenya (in 2015).
The Bank recognises that as part of its mandate to promote and finance trade in Africa, it needs to facilitate a broader understanding of the problems of African trade and trade finance as well as the principles of trade finance, and especially structured trade finance, which is its operating model. By offering good students a chance for an internship with the Bank, it is expected that they will leave with a better knowledge of the Bank’s mandate and operating model, which they will put to use as they develop their careers, no doubt with direct benefits to the Bank and generally, to trade in Africa. It is also expected that the interns will also contribute fresh and diverse ideas to the operations of the Bank. The Internship is open to students who are nationals of the Bank’s member countries a list of which is available on the Bank’s website. The programme attracts a lot of highly qualified candidates. Entry into the programme based on merit.
The programme is open to students who are :
NOTICE: 💡Get the Complete handbook to Master Facebook, Instagram & WhatsApp Ads! This course has taught over 6,000 students in live webinars, and over 2,000 students enrolled online. FIND OUT MORE.
- Students with proven enrollment in full time undergraduate or post graduate study programmes in a recognised institution of learning in the year of the internship are preferred. The Bank will be especially interested in candidates whose field of study is in the following fields: economics, business administration, finance, accounting, social sciences, statistics, law or related fields.
- Nationals of the Bank’s member states.
- Fluency in English or French and a working knowledge of the other. Knowledge of Arabic or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must be aged between 20 and 32 in the year in which they apply for the internship;Any other applicants as may be approved by the President.
- Children of Afreximbank staff are not eligible to participate in this programme.
Duration and Benefits:
- The internships are offered for up to a maximum of six months twice a year (June and December). Applications for internship are received throughout the year.
However, the Bank will, on gratis terms, provide the following to successful interns:
- Before commencement, coverage of reasonable return fare transport costs to their internship location using the most economic and direct routing from their institution of learning, in line with the Bank’s travel policy.
- A monthly tax free stipend of USD 800 payable at the end of each month, to help defray living costs.
- Accommodation in a hotel chosen by the Bank (bed and breakfast only) for one week during the induction period, on arrival to the internship location for interns, basing on their previous location.
- Transfer to the hotel on arrival and vice versa on departure at the end of a successful internship programme.
- Relevant visa for the duration of the internship programme, if so required.Interns are expected to take care of their own upkeep during their internship programme including accommodation, meals, transport, clothing, medical and group personal accident insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the button below or click this link